Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Work Like a Donkey and Earn Like a Monkey=Peanuts!!!

Let's see, woke up not angry or upset for the first time in ages; think it was that little rant of yesterdays; it kinda released some of the pressure in me so the dude is good. Also, i did something this morning that's gonna make me smile ALL day: called my baby in Ghana and sang 'You and I' by Jason Mraz to her this morning and it did my heart good to hear her clear laughter from across a thousand miles (guys, even if we do NOt wish to get married now, I tell you there are few things in life that makes as much sense as being in love-lol).

Today's a Tuesday and I am dressed in combat fatigues, a yellow crested top and a pair of slippers. Coupled with my jutting messiah beard, i must say i definitely DO NOT look the part of the team Leader of a risk management section of a major destination inspection company-lol and i must confess, i feel so goooooood flirting the edges of what is acceptable and not. always feel good dancing on the edge; in fact, i believe i thrive on pressure as it brings out the true me (hardworking, quick out-of-the-box thinker that i am) as opposed to the regular me that has gotten his work so smoothly organised, he dozes off while starin at the monitor (also dodgin behind the monitor so the Ops manager won't see him-lol). honestly, i love my job (makes me feel good when I catch a bad guy trying to do something illegal and I report them to the Custom's authorites) but seriously HATE this company.

They are white bastards one and all and behave like they are superior to the blacks (in my country o, come c me c trouble-lol). I ain't a racist but damnit, think i know how it feels to be one thanx to these morons who run this company and clear millions of dollars on a monthly basis but pay a pittance (not kidding, it IS a pittance and I am still higher paid than others-70k flat as they hire only cntract staff...smart bastards). You know, thinkin of them is gonna get me riled up again so i think i will desist and start work now. Afterall, the motto here is 'work like a donkey, earn like a monkey' and always remember, monkeys earn PEANUTS!!

6 comments:

Unbiased said...

Silly boy!!! You no serious o!!
Get you head out of your arse and stop feeling sorry for yourself. Your situation is still better than others.
Invest you peanuts and watch them grow.
Any i wanna see this Ghana based babe of your o! Soon.

Freaksho said...

i see you're being subtle as usual...
...its amazing how u always manage to paint a corporate organization in the same light as a Nike sweat shop, neo.
the light's there old chum. you just have to agree to see it.

sessumahru said...

thnx for the comment 'unbiased' but like i once told a friend, if i don't say this out loud, it festers in my mind. once i am done sayin it, it's gone. this is my therapy session for the world to read, laff and not take too seriously-lol. i don't!! now read the rest and drop some better comments

Joy Akut said...

my sis works in an italian firm...her sentiments exactly and its kind of rubbing off on me...
its annoying although i have choosen not to hate them but just get irritated at em, lol'.
when u earn the peanuts at least u can chew on em' just be careful not to get pimples.

Joy Akut said...

read my post 'flexing my flexes' for a lil bit about the leg

Anonymous said...

youre here. Youll be elevated soonest dont worry. good to have you on blogsville