Monday, November 26, 2007

Soul Music...

There are music listeners and then there are music lovers...then there are people like me whose every moment is defined by the Music. Never really appreciated how important it was to me until i met someone whose passion for music was at par with mine..now, i no longer fight the tidepool of emotions it casts in my life.

Where should we start, hmmm....Everything by Lifehouse, where a man declares his soul belongs to the girl by his side, 'how can i, stand here with you, and not be moved by you';
perhaps Faraway by Nickleback is more to your taste, you romantic soul, or perhaps you are an intellectual, then Jason Mraz's You and I is more your thing, clever yet passionate; or perhaps your heart is crushed wherein Bon Jovi's Its My Life (VERY good therapy this...experience and all, u know) should bring you back from the edge of despair but if you do choose to flounder, then What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts should help you wallow in your despair; maybe you are in denial, try It's Not Over by Chris Daughtry (really excellent)...th etruth is, I could go on and on, tabling an emotion and the accompanying soundtrack but the what the hell, I would never stop.

I remember ALL my breakups, heartaches, joys, sorrows and its all because of the music. I remember Chioma (She's a Bitch..Missy Elliot); I remember Tosin (She's All I Ever Want..Ricky Martin); I remember Busola (Die Without You-P.M. Dawn); heck, I even remember Shade (I'm Trapped by Colonel Abrams or someone like that..can't remember but that girl was a blackhole alright); how can i forget Folake (Kim by Eminem); or Lola (Gold Digger by Kanye West); Lolade (Always Be My baby-Mariah Carey), etc..

Now as for my baby, we met thanks to Nickleback's (book them down for the wedding) Faraway; then she really opened my eyes to even more in the world of music and before you know it, she owned me. She's my purpose, my everything; light of my life, the only thing that's right. She's my Cleopatra, Joan of Arc, my Aphrodite...When i think of her in my dark days, i wanna scream out loud Somebody Save ME and even better, Because of you. All those songs make sense thanks to her; heck, even Fergie's Big Girls Don't Cry makes sense (especially during that fight-lol).

She's the music; she's my soul; my petite dynamo, moi cherie...my everything

1 comment:

incoherent said...

and now that you have broken up? how do u feel? u refused to learn hh? old man like u.......